MedStar Union Memorial Hospital has offered the preeminent orthopaedic and sports medicine program to patients from all walks of life in this region and from around the world for more than 25 years.
Whether you are a professional athlete, adolescent athlete, a weekend warrior, an active adult or experience overuse pain or injuries from work-related or household activities, you have access to unparalleled, world-class physicians and professional staff and cutting edge medical care at the Arnold Palmer SportsHealth Center at MedStar Union Memorial Hospital.
Through the new Arnold Palmer SportsHealth Center, patients will have access to the world-renowned Decker Orthopaedic Institute, Finney Spine Center, Blaustein Foot and Ankle Center, and Curtis National Hand Center for their care and treatment.
- An evaluation with a sports medicine trained physician within 48 hours of calling our office
- Referrals for diagnostic testing (if necessary)
- A comprehensive treatment plan with next steps which may include:
- Surgical/specialist evaluation
- Rehab/physical therapy
- Home program
Common Conditions We Treat
- Rotator cuff tears (shoulder)
- Tennis elbow
- ACL/meniscus tears (knee)
- Achilles tendon tears
- Ankle fractures/sprains
- Plantar fasciitis
- Herniated discs/Sciatica
- Low back strain
- Muscle strains or sprains
- Joint pain