- Orthopedic Sports Medicine
- achilles tendon injury
- achilles tendon tear
- achilles tendonitis
- achilles tendonosis
- acromioclavicular fracture
- acromioclavicular joint separation
- adhesive capsulitis
- adhesive capsulitis of the shoulder
- ankle dislocation
- ankle fracture
- ankle impingement
- ankle injury
- ankle instability
- ankle pain
- ankle sprain
- ankle strain
- ankle tendon tear
- anterior cruciate ligament injury
- anterior tibialis tendon tear
- arm fracture
- arm injury
- arm pain
- arthritis of knee
- athletic pubalgia
- avascular necrosis of the arm
- bicep injury
- bicep pain
- bicep tear
- biceps tendonitis
- bucket handle meniscus tear
- bursitis of the elbow
- bursitis, subcutaneous tendo achilles
- calcific tendonitis
- calf muscle injury
- calf pain
- cartilage injury
- chronic exertional compartment syndrome
- chronic muscle injury
- clavicle fracture
- comminuted fracture
- compartment syndrome
- compound fracture
- dislocated patella
- distal radial fracture
- elbow arthritis
- elbow bone spur
- elbow dislocation
- elbow fracture
- elbow injury
- elbow pain
- elbow tendonitis
- femur fracture
- fibula fracture
- foot fracture
- foot pain
- foot tendon tear
- forearm fracture
- gastrocnemius injury
- gluteal injury
- gluteus medius tear
- hamstring injury
- hip abductor tear
- hip click
- hip dislocation
- hip impingement
- hip injury
- hip labral tear
- hip pain
- hip pain over age 60
- hip pain under age 60
- hip rotator cuff tear
- humerus fracture
- hypothenar hammer syndrome
- joint dislocation
- jumper's knee
- knee clunk syndrome
- knee fracture
- knee injury
- knee instability
- knee pain
- knee pain for patients aged younger than 60
- lateral collateral ligament tear
- lateral epicondylitis
- leg fracture
- leg injury
- leg pain
- ligament injury
- ligament tear
- locking knee
- loose body in the knee
- medial collateral ligament injury of the knee
- medial epicondylitis
- meniscus injury
- meniscus tear
- multiple ligament knee injury
- non displaced fracture
- non-displaced fracture of radius
- non-displaced fracture of ulna
- nonunion fracture
- overuse injury
- overuse injury of the ankle
- patella dislocation
- patella injury
- patellar instability
- patellar tendon rupture
- patellofemoral injury
- patellofemoral syndrome
- pectoral muscle injury
- pectoralis major tendon injury
- peroneal tendon tear
- peroneal tendonitis
- persistent pain after orthopedic surgery
- piriformis syndrome
- plantar fasciitis
- posterior cruciate ligament (pcl) tear
- posterior tibial tendon tear
- posterolateral corner injury
- proximal humerus fractures
- proximal ulnar fracture
- quadrangular space syndrome
- quadricep injury
- radial fracture
- repetitive stress injury
- rotator cuff disorders
- rotator cuff impingement
- rotator cuff injury
- running injury
- scapular dyskinesis
- separated shoulder
- shin splints
- shoulder dislocation
- shoulder impingement
- shoulder injury
- shoulder instability
- shoulder labral tear
- shoulder pain
- shoulder strain
- snapping hip syndrome
- soft tissue injury
- sports related ankle injury
- sports related foot injury
- sports related injury
- stress fracture of the radius
- stress fractures
- synovial chondromatosis
- tarsal coalition
- tendinitis of the hand
- tendinitis of the wrist
- tendon injury
- throwing injury
- tibia fracture
- tibial spine fracture
- tibial tendonitis
- toe fracture
- tricep injury
- twisted ankle
- ulnar fracture
- ulnar nerve compression
- ulnar nerve injury
- work related musculoskeletal disorders
- wrist dislocation
- wrist pain
- achilles tendon surgery
- anterior cruciate ligament repair
- arthroscopy of elbow
- arthroscopy of hip
- arthroscopy of knee
- arthroscopy of shoulder
- autologous chondrocyte implantation
- cartilage transplant
- computer assisted surgery
- cortisone injection
- damaged knee cartilage removal
- elbow injection
- elbow surgery
- exertional compartment release
- hip labral tear repair
- hip preservation
- hip surgery
- hyaluronic acid injection
- joint replacement and reconstructive surgery
- knee microfracture surgery
- knee stabilization
- knee surgery
- lateral collateral ligament repair
- medial collateral ligament repair
- meniscal surgery
- meniscus transplant
- minimally invasive achilles tendon surgery
- minimally invasive knee replacement
- multiple ligament reconstruction
- non surgical arthritis treatment
- osteochondral allograft
- osteochondral autograft
- pectoralis major tendon tear repair
- peroneal tendon surgery
- platelet rich plasma (prp) injection
- platelet rich plasma (prp) injection of the knee
- platelet rich plasma injection (prp) of the elbow
- posterior cruciate ligament (pcl) repair
- rotator cuff repair
- scapula fusion surgery
- shoulder labral tear repair
- shoulder stabilization
- shoulder surgery
- superior capsular reconstruction
- tendon repair surgery
- total hip revision
- total knee replacement
- total knee replacement, age greater than 50
- total knee replacement, age less than 50
- total knee revision
- total shoulder replacement revision surgery
- total shoulder replacement surgery
- ulnar collateral ligament repair
Evan Argintar, MD, is a member of the MedStar Orthopaedic Institute at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, where he performs surgery. Dr. Argintar also serves as the Assistant Director of Sports Medicine at MedStar Washington Hospital Center. He takes care of athletes of all ages and sizes, and has previously been assistant team physician to both the Washington Nationals and Washington Wizards.
Since September of 2012, Dr. Argintar has served as Director of Sports Medicine Research at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Residency, Assistant Professor of Clinical Orthopaedic Surgery at Georgetown University Medical Center, and Clinical Instructor of Orthopaedic Surgery at The George Washington University Hospital.
Dr. Argintar specializes in sports injury, upper extremity reconstruction, and joint replacment. He sees patients with injuries to the knee, shoulder, elbow and hip. His clinical interests include arthroscopic surgery, ligament reconstruction with novel internal brace te hnology, minimally invasive joint reconstruction/replacement, cartilage restoration, hip arthroscopy and hip preservation. He is currently involved in research on ACL repair, a new surgical technique that may replace traditional ACL reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Argintar began his medical career in the D.C. area, earning his medical degree from the Georgetown University School of Medicine. He then completed both his residency and internship in orthopaedic surgery at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital. He completed his fellowship training in sports medicine and upper extremity reconstruction at the Keck School of Medicine at the University of Southern California before returning to the area to join MedStar Washington Hospital Center.
Dr. Argintar played collegiate lacrosse at Tufts University, contributing to his passion for caring for athletes at all levels. When not seeking prospective research in sports medicine, Dr. Argintar enjoys spending time with his family.
"I believe that patients should be heavily involved in the decisions made about the care they receive. In order to engage my patients, I use technology, a positive attitude and humor to help explain the technicalities of their situation in a very accessible way. Through these interactions, my aim is to be the best listener possible and be attentive to my patient's concerns. I encourage dialogue and questions from my patients.This allows me to tailor treatment plans according to an individual's needs. I place emphasis on explaining non-operative treatments, and, when possible, I always try to optimize these options before proceeding with surgery."
I thrive on collaboration and prioritize communication with referring physicians. It is important for me to be available as quickly as possible for all patients referred to my office. I routinely use and expect email correspondence in an effort to stream-line care. Referring physicians should always expect correspondence from me as I send a letter to each physician who sends a patient to my office.
In the News:
- Fellowship Program: Keck School of Medicine at USC (2012)
- Residency Program: MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (2011)
- Internship Program: MedStar Georgetown University Hospital (2007)
- Medical School: Georgetown University School of Medicine (2006)
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Board Certification: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
A comparison of postoperative pain between anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction and repair. Connolly PT, Zittel KW, Panish BJ, Rigor PD, Argintar EH.Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2021 Feb 14. doi: 10.1007/s00590-020-02859-0. Online ahead of print.PMID: 33585970
Primary Anterior Cruciate Ligament Repair Using Internal Bracing: A Prospective Case Series of Twenty-Nine Patients. Burton DA, Schaefer EJ, Shu HT, Bodendorfer BM, Argintar EH.Arthroscopy. 2021 Feb 10:S0749-8063(20)30983-X. doi: 10.1016/j.arthro.2020.11.034. Online ahead of print.PMID: 33581301
Posterior Cruciate Ligament Repair with Suture Augmentation: A Case Report of Two Cases Shu HT, Rigor P, Panish BJ, Connolly P, Argintar E.Cureus. 2021 Jan 3;13(1):e12447. doi: 10.7759/cureus.12447.PMID: 33552765
Reduced Opioid Use Among Patients Who Received Liposomal Bupivacaine for ACL Reconstruction. Stryder BT, Szakiel PM, Kelly M, Shu HT, Bodendorfer BM, Luck S, Argintar EH.Orthopedics. 2021 Jan 7:1-7. doi: 10.3928/01477447-20210104-03. Online ahead of print.PMID: 33416897
Stake S, Fassihi S, Gioia C, Gu A, Agarwal A, Akman A, Sparks A, Argintar E.Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2020 Nov 18. doi: 10.1007/s00590-020-02836-7. Online ahead of print.PMID: 33210189
Anterior Cruciate Ligament Retensioning-A Novel Revision Procedure Using Suture Augmentation: A Case Report With A 3-Year Follow-up. Shu HT, Day J, Bodendorfer BM, Argintar EH.JBJS Case Connect. 2020 Apr-Jun;10(2):e0092. doi: 10.2106/JBJS.CC.19.00092.PMID: 32649083
Linked Anatomic Kinematic Arthroplasty: A Unique Approach to Balancing in Total Knee Arthroplasty. Stake S, Fassihi SC, Gu A, Burns J, Thomas G, Argintar EH, Sadr K. J Orthop. 2020 Jan 14;20:198-203. doi: 10.1016/j.jor.2020.01.016. eCollection 2020 Jul-Aug. PMID:32025149
Suture Augmented Versus Standard Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: A Matched Comparative Analysis Bodendorfer BM, Michaelson EM, Shu HT, Apseloff NA, Spratt JD, Nolton EC, Argintar EH. Arthroscopy. 2019 Jul;35(7):2114-2122. doi: 10.1016/j.arthro.2019.01.054. Epub 2019 Jun 2.
Posteromedial versus Anteromedial Hamstring Tendon Harvest for Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction: A Retrospective Comparison of Accidental Gracilis Harvests, Outcomes, and Operative Times. Shu HT, Bodendorfer BM, Michaelson EM, Argintar EH. J Knee Surg. 2018 Nov 16. doi: 10.1055/s-0038-1675796.
Outcomes of Prophylactic Negative Pressure Wound Therapy in Knee Arthroplasty. Curley AJ, Terhune EB, Velott AT, Argintar EH. Orthopedics. 2018 Nov 1;41(6):e837-e840. doi: 10.3928/01477447-20181010-02. Epub 2018 Oct 16.
Shu HT, Bodendorfer BM, Folgueras CA, Argintar EH.
Orthopedics. 2018 Aug 31:1-6. doi: 10.3928/01477447-20180828-02
A Novel Medial Collateral Ligament Reconstruction Technique Using Internally Braced Semitendinosus Autograft. Curley AJ, Davis WA 3rd, Argintar EH.
Orthopedics. 2018 Aug 9:1-3. doi: 10.3928/01477447-20180806-06.
Predictors of Knee Arthrofibrosis and Outcomes after Arthroscopic Lysis of Adhesions following Ligamentous Reconstruction: A Retrospective Case-Control Study with Over Two Years' Average Follow-Up. Bodendorfer BM, Keeling LE, Michaelson EM, Shu HT, Apseloff NA, Spratt JD, Malone PS, Argintar EH. J Knee Surg. 2018 May 31. doi: 10.1055/s-0038-1655741
Outcomes and Predictors of Success for Arthroscopic Lysis of Adhesions for the Stiff Total Knee Arthroplasty. Bodendorfer BM, Kotler JA, Zelenty WD, Termanini K, Sanchez R, Argintar EH. Orthopedics. 2017 Nov 1;40(6):e1062-e1068. doi: 10.3928/01477447-20171012-06. Epub 2017 Oct 23.
Use of Magnetic Resonance Imaging to Predict Quadrupled Semitendinosus Graft Diameter in All-Inside Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. Serino J, Murray R, Argintar EH. Orthopedics. 2017 Apr 24:1-6. doi: 10.3928/01477447-20170418-02.
Visibility of Tinted Chlorhexidine Gluconate Skin Preparation on Varied Skin Pigmentations. McDaniel CM, Churchill RW, Argintar E. Orthopedics. 2016 Sep 29:1-5. doi: 10.3928/01477447-20160926-01.
Arthroscopic Management of Osteoarthritis. Pitta M, Davis W 3rd, Argintar EH. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2016 Feb;24(2):74-82. doi: 10.5435/JAAOS-D-14-00258.
Kern MJ, Casscells ND, Argintar EH. JBJS Essent Surg Tech. 2015 Oct 28;5(4):e23. doi: 10.2106/JBJS.ST.O.00002. eCollection 2015 Dec 23.
Subacromial volume and rotator cuff tears: Does an association exist? Yi A, Avramis IA, Argintar EH, White ER, Villacis DC, Hatch Iii GF. Indian J Orthop. 2015 May-Jun;49(3):300-3.
Does the Use of Ultrasound Affect Contamination of Musculoskeletal Injection Sites? Sherman T, Ferguson, J, Davis, W, Russo M, Argintar E. Clin Orthop Relat Res 2014 Aug 28
The Biomechanical Effect of Shoulder Remplissage Combines with Bankart Repair for the Treatment of Engaging Hill-Sachs Lesions. Argintar, E, Heckmann N, Wang L, Tibone JE, Lee TQ. Knee Surg Sports Tramatol Arthros: 2014 Jun 10.
Intra-articular Scapular Fractures: Outcomes after Internal Fixation. Lewis, S, Argintar, E, Jahn, R, Zusmanovich, M, Itamura, J, Hatch GF. J Orthop. 2013 Nov 21:10(4): 188-92.
Multiligamentous Knee Reconstruction Argintar, E. Orthopedics. 2013 Jul 1:36(7): 527-8.
Driving After Orthopedic Surgery Goodwin D, Baecher N, Pitta M, Letzelter J, Marcel J, Argintar E. Orthopedics. 2013 Jun 1;36(6):469-74. doi: 10.3928/01477447-20130523-08.
Recommendations for driving after right knee arthroscopy. Argintar E, Williams A, Kaplan J, Hall MP, Sanders T, Yalamanchili R, Hatch GF 3rd. Orthopedics. 2013 May 1;36(5):659-65. doi: 10.3928/01477447-20130426-32.
Kinematic Effect of MGHL Incorporation into Bankart Repair. Garber AC, Argintar E, Shin SJ, McGarry MH, Tibone JE, Lee TQ. Orthopedics. 2013 May 1;36(5):653-8. doi: 10.3928/01477447-20130426-31.
Soft-Tissue Chondrolipoma (Mesenchymoma) of the Pediatric Leg –A Case Report and Literature Review Argintar, E, Sanders, T, Henshaw, R, Delahay, Am J Ortho 2012;41(12):561-564.
Hemiarthroplasty for the Treatment of Distal Humerus Fractures: Short-term Clinical Results. Argintar E, Berry M, Narvy SJ, Kramer J, Omid R, Itamura JM.
Orthopedics. 2012 Dec 1;35(12):1042-5. doi: 10.3928/01477447-20121120-06.
Clinical Results of Olecranon Fractures Treated with Multiplanar Locked Intramedullary Nailing. Argintar E, Cohen M, Eglseder A, Edwards S. J Orthop Trauma. 2012 Jun 13.
The musculoskeletal effects of perioperative smoking. Argintar E, Triantafillou K, Delahay J, Wiesel B. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 2012 Jun;20(6):359-63.
Missed obturator hip dislocation in a 19-year-old man. Argintar E, Whitfield B, Debritz J. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2012 Mar;41(3):E43-5.
A biomechanical comparison of multidirectional nail and locking plate fixation in unstable olecranon fractures. Argintar E, Martin BD, Singer A, Hsieh AH, Edwards S. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2011 Dec 9.
Biological responses of human mesenchymal stem cells to titanium wear debris particles. Haleem-Smith H, Argintar E, Bush C, Hampton D, Postma WF, Chen FH, Rimington T, Lamb J, Tuan RS. J Orthop Res. 2011 Nov 14.
Bipolar Clavicular Dislocation Argintar E, Holzman M, Gunther S. Orthopedics. 2011 Jul 7;34(7)
Management of Comminuted Proximal Ulna Fracture-dislocations Using a Multiplanar Locking Intramedullary Nail. Edwards SG, Argintar E, Lamb J. Tech Hand Up Extrem Surg. 2011 Jun;15(2):106-14.
Surgical Reconstruction of PIP Joint Collateral Ligament in Chronic Instability in a High Performance Athlete: Case Report and Description of Technique. Mantovani G, Pavan A, Aita MA, Argintar E. Tech Hand Up Extrem Surg. 2011 Jun;15(2):87-91.
Pain Control Infusion Pumps: A Prospective Randomized Evaluation in Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty Argintar, E, Evans, B, Romness, D. Orthopedics. 2011 Mar;34(3):188-95.
Transverse Femoral Implant Prominence: Four Cases Demonstrating a Preventable Complication for ACL Reconstruction. Argintar E, Scherer B, Jordan T, Klimkiewicz J. Orthopedics. 2010 Dec 1;33(12).
Bone Morphogenetic Proteins in Orthopaedic Trauma Surgery. Argintar E, Edwards S, Delahay J. Injury. 2010 Dec 7.
TFCC Reattachment After Traumatic DRUJ Instability: A Simple Alternative to Arthroscopic Management Argintar, Evan; Mantovani, Gustavo; Pavan, Alexandre Techniques in Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery. 14(4):226-229, December 2010.
Volar Radioscapholunate Arthrodesis for Malunited Distal Radius
Fracture with Unsalvagable Wrist Articular Degeneration – Case Report. Argintar, E, Edwards, S. J Hand Surg Am. 2010 Jul;35(7):1089-92.
Four corner arthrodesis limited to the centre using a scaphoid one piece graft and a dorsal circular plate. Mantovani G, Mathoulin C, Fukushima WY, Cho AB, Aita MA, Argintar E. J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2010 Jan;35(1):38-42.
- Washington Business Journal - How a D.C. surgeon is curbing opioid use in his practice
- ABC7 - In a prescription drug epidemic, how a local doctor is treating pain with fewer opioids
- InMotion - Ligament repair restores mobility to Alice the crane
- Aetna Innovations: HMO & EPO Plus
- Innovation Health: Indemnity
- Innovation Health: Open Network Only Plus
- Innovation Health: POS Plus
- Innovation Health: PPO
- Open EPO Plus
- Open POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice/ EPO (Aetna Health Fund) Innovation Health: Network Only Plus
- Aetna Medicare Advantage HMO & PPO Plans
- Aetna Quality Point of Service (POS)
- Aetna Student Health Insurance
- Aetna USAccess (POS)
- Aetna Worker's Compensation Network
- Blue Choice Advantage & Healthy Blue (HMO, POS)
- HealthyBlue PPO
- CFBCBS (NCA) Indemnity
- CFBCBS Blue Choice Opt Out Plus Open Access (POS)
- CFBCBS BlueChoice HMO
- CFBCBS Federal Employee Program (Std. & Basic PPO)
- CFBCBS Maryland Point of Service Plan (MPOS)
- CFBCBS Maryland Indemnity or PPO
- Choice Fund PPO
- POS OA & OA Plus
- CIGNA HMO & Network (HMO)
- CIGNA Indemnity
- CIGNA POS/Network POS
- Great-West Healthcare POS/CIGNA
- Coventry Health Care National Network PPO
- Coventry Health Care of Virginia
- Coventry of Delaware HMO/PPO
- First Health PPO
- FIRST HEALTH
- MedStar Family Choice - Maryland Health Choice
- MedStar Medicare Choice
- MedStar Select (MedStar Associates' Plan)
- Private Health Care Systems (PHCS) (PPO)
- Tricare Extra (Indemnity)
- Tricare for Life (Medicare Supplemental Plan)
- Tricare Prime
- Tricare Standard
- United Healthcare Compass (HMO)
- United Healthcare Core Essential (HMO)
- M.D. IPA (HMO)
- M.D. IPA Preferred (POS)
- Mamsi Life & Health (Indem./PPO)
- OneNet PPO, Inc.
- Optimum Choice Preferred (POS) & OCI Direct (HMO)
- United Healthcare Choice Plus
- United Healthcare Options (PPO) (includes Empire PPO, GEHA, Compass Rose)
- United Healthcare Select HMO - EPO/NPP
- United Healthcare Select Plus (POS)
- United Student Resources
- AETNA (13)
- CAREFIRST (8)
- CIGNA HEALTH CARE (6)
- COVENTRY HEALTH NETWORK (4)
- FIRST HEALTH (NOW COVENTRY) (1)
- MEDSTAR FAMILY CHOICE (1)
- MEDSTAR MEDICARE CHOICE (1)
- MEDSTAR SELECT (1)
- PRIVATE HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS, INC. (PHCS) (1)
- TRICARE (4)
- UNITED HEALTHCARE (12)
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital